There is no escaping this truth: the leather jacket is truly awesome. It is perhaps my favourite piece of clothing ever. Why? For the simple reason its the quickest and probably the most effective way of feeling bad-ass. It is also super versatile, so it’s no surprise that we see variations of the leather jacket adorning catwalks and fashion magazines the world over. Stepping aside the fact that too much leather may give off a dominatrix vibe, the leather jacket is the perfect way to add a hint of coolness to finish off your attire. Whether it be your classic biker jacket, a bomber jacket, a leather blazer, the possibilities are endless. And so are the colours. Be it the can’t-go-wrong-black or brown, or even white, there is something for everyone. Leather jackets are also the perfect way to add edge to a pretty dress, or vamp up a pair of jeans and shirt. Adding the leather jacket to your wardrobe need not be too hard either. I once found a real leather jacket for £10 in the market place in Brick Lane. So if you are not up for splurging (though it’s a sound investment, in my opinion, given that a good leather jacket can last you donkey’s years if you look after it), all it takes is a bit of thrift-ing patience.
Here are some ways I would style the leather jacket:
1) Topshop Skater Rib Beanie (Mustard)
2) Topshop Chunky Knit Rib Cardigan by Boutique
3) Just Female Stroke High Waist Coated Skinny Jeans
4) Topshop Ozzy Osbourne Leather Trim Tank by And Finally
5) All Saints Cargo Leather Biker Jacket
6) Urban Outfitters Dr Martens Patent Pink 8 Eyelet Boots
1) American Apparel Disco Pants (Midnight Blue)
2) Urban Outfitters House Of Hackney Hackney Empire Bustier
3) Topshop Knitted Split Back Cardi
4) Urban Outfitters Vintage Renewal Leather Biker Jacket
4) Topshop Alert Chunky Chelsea Boots
A little piece of rock ‘n’ roll is always a good thing, don’t you think?