Having just returned from Barcelona, I thought it would be appropriate to share what beauty essentials I took with me.
1. Molton Brown Blissful Templetree Bath and Shower Gel – I received this in the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box and wow! This stuff smells so, so good! It has an aquatic scent, very hydrating and definitely something to look into when purchasing travel minis.
2. John Frieda Moisture Boost Shampoo and Conditioner – Not much to say about this duo. I like John Frieda shampoos and conditioners, and this one is no exception.
3. Nivea Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion – A must have when you are jetting off to warmer climates. When you’re getting your legs out you don’t want to look like a scaly lizard! A nice one to pick up!
4. Sensodyne Toothpaste – Toothpaste is toothpaste. If you have sensitive teeth, this is a nice one to opt for.
5. Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser – There is no travel mini version of this unfortunately, so I just dispensed this into a travel mini bottle you can pick up anywhere (boots, tesco, muji etc). Cannot live without this, definitely holy grail!
6. Cymex Lip Protector (with SPF) – A lip balm with an SPF is an essential – burnt, chapped lips is something no one wants. It’s light, moisturising and does not leave a white cast like some lip balms with an SPF can.
7. Nivea Sun 30 SPF – Another definite must have when off to sunnier climates!
8. Travel Size Tangle Teezer – I have completely converted to tangle teezers (review coming soon)
9. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo – Another skincare essential for me. I raved about this plenty of times before, so I won’t repeat myself again. Definitely something to check out if you’re suffering with skincare problems.
I didn’t take much makeup with to Barcelona. For one, no way would I bother slapping on a full face of makeup only for it to sweat off within minutes. And also, since I was travelling light (I only brought a small carry on suitcase) I was restricted by the whole 100ml shebang. Here’s what I brought…
1. Benefit they’re Real Mascara (sample size) – Love this, and since it’s a sample size, in it went.
2. MAC hi-def cyan chromagraphic pencil – I bought this after seeing Pixiwoo’s Bright Sunset Eyes Makeup Tutorial. Not something I’d usually go for, but I actually wore this twice throughout our six day stay in Barcelona. It’s super bright, so less is more. I wore this on the lower lash line with plenty of mascara. It was limited edition, so I doubt you can get this exact colour now. But I’d imagine Urban Decay would do a similar colour. Turquoise (or bright eyeliner in general) is a big trend this summer.
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Light) – Another must have! This water based primer is perfect for keeping shine at bay. Works a dream, and you can pick up the travel size of this at boots for £12.50, which is a great of trying it out if you’re not sure you want to the plunge of £25 for the full size.
4. Erborian BB Creme Au Ginseng – Another product I received in the Selfridges Beauty Box. Given it’s only 15ml, in it went into my travel beauty bag. Smooth texture, great coverage, slightly dark, but once its blended in, it’s all good.
P.S – Barcelona was amazing!!